I am working with an E-Commerce store. Working almost a year but did not get good response. Kindly share some good strategy for ranking.

Work I done Already:

1. Daily Content Updating
  2. Daily Social Shares
  3. 5 To 10 Backlinks In A Week.
  4. Photosharing
  5. Video Uploading

What should i do more. This is my website [https://www.oskarjacket.com/]

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I'll preface this by saying I have very, very little experience doing SEO for ecommerce. All of my 25 years of SEO experience has been for content-based sites such as online publications, forums, blogs, news, etc.

That being said, I did a google search for your brand name, "oskar jacket", and you don't even rank on the first page. (I found you on page 2).

In looking at your DOM, I'm not seeing anything standing out that is particularly scary. You're using Wordpress with Yoast SEO. However, you are using a crazy number of Javascript plugins, and that can kill your site's performance.

The other thing that I would say is that your pages do come off a bit spammy. Most products have a few reviews that seem to be fake reviews with fake names. Even if they're not, they definitely appear that way. And if they appear that way to me, they appear that way to Google too. That could be a big red flag right there that makes Google find the site not trustworthy.

Are you using Google Search Console? Do you have any manual penalties for things such as link spam in GSC? Be sure to create a Search Console for all four versions of your website: http, https, with www, without www. Otherwise, you might not notice a penalty on one but using GSC with another.

Something else I might suggest is using Screaming Frog to see how your internal link structure looks. However, Isuspect that this is a spam issue with this site, so I would investigate there first. Do everything you can to NOT come across as a site that tries too hard or does unnatural-like things in an attempt to boost SEO. It will just blow up in your face.

May I ask what types of sites you're getting backlinks from? If you're doing the in-article type, STOP! That is not appropriate for an ecommerce site like this. It is completely unnatural for random blogs to want to naturally link to this ecommerce site with anchor text from within their articles. Google understands that those are paid placements.

commented: "In looking at your DOM" Could you describe the tool you are using for mining the DOM? +3
commented: Thnak you so much. +0

Hello!

I don't have much experience with SEO, but my assumption is that your site isn't on the first page since you update your content on a regular basis, but your content isn't very effective according to Google's algorithm.

You research the best keywords and study the websites of your competitors. Your keywords should be included in the page title, page description, meta tag, and meta description, as well as making the graphics interesting.

You must abide checklist:

1. Optimize Page Titles
  2. Optimize Meta Descriptions
  3. Heading
  4. Formatting Content on the Page
  5. Images
  6. URL Optimization
  7. Internal Linking
  8. Core Web Vitals
  9. Mobile Friendliness
  10. Content Audit
  11. Sitemaps
  12. External Links
  13. Protocols HTTP vs. HTTPS
  14. Comments
  15. Search Intent

thanks for sharing information

Not much experience in SEO for e-commerce, but I can give you few useful tips.

1 All pages, doesn't have very important <h1> tag, which usually contain heading of the page, this is very important for SEO
2. You should add a blog page for your e-commerce website and write about similar topics
3. Social Sharing is also important, I don't think you are doing that.
4. Create backlinks from relevant website blogs.

try linkcolider ive been using this and its so much fun I know this can help you try it

make content with great keywords. That is only the key to success

You can do these with what you do until now
Optimize your meta title and meta description
Make your site load fast
Link to authority sites

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.