Just came to my mind this and i like to ask others about it. So i have website that have auto generated content on the pages.
The text it self is all the same but only some variables changing like (names, tags, pictures). So i was wondering is it good practice for SEO purposes, to make the text content change for some KEY keywords.
For example.
DaniWeb was founded in 2002 by Dani, who, at that time, was pursuing a computer science degree on Long Island, New York, and began gaining widespread attention throughout the search engine optimization industry in 2005.

On the second refresh to be something like this.
DaniWeb is founded in 2002 by Dani, which was pursuing a computer science degree on Long Island, New York and started to gain widespread attention throughout the SEO industry in 2005.

The above is just an example to get my point.

But i have on my website key keywords that users will search on google.
I plan to do this in the title & text also. But as i said only for some KEY keywords
Keyword: [UPDATED] -> [NEW], [LATEST], [RECENTLY]
Keyword: [LEAKED] -> [LEAKS], [HACKED], [HACK]
and so on...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Google is really good at detecting this type of autogenerated content, and it also can tell when content is spun like this to appear somewhat different.

May I ask the reason for multiple pages if they all will have the same or mostly the same content?

If there’s a valid reason why humans should see so many pages individually, I would canonicalize them and send Google signals that they are all variations of the same content.

I think you might be in for a spam penalty.

Oh sorry. Super lack of sleep. For some reason I thought you meant different pages with slightly varying content.

No, I would not provide slightly varying content on refresh. That’s a clear signal to Google that the content is automated.

I see same type of websites, rank very good on search results.
But they dont spin the content. This was just my idea of doing it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.