Hi,
Is there a script I can use to upload to my server to forward and mask an affiliate page with my domain name?
I used to do it a lot a few years ago with other sites, but now that I'm trying it with another site is not working.
I was told that the affiliate page I'm trying to mask with my domain name is an SSL and that is impossible to forward and mask such site with my domain name. But the affiliate url site opens with both http// and https// Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

perhaps ask support at the affiliate, they may have branding ability
perhaps open a full page iframe with the affililiate site inside

I smooshed up a 'full page iframe' the code is messy but it works as intended

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<script>
 function sizer() {
   var viewportheight;
   if(typeof window.innerWidth != 'undefined')
    {viewportheight = window.innerHeight}
   else if(typeof document.documentElement != 'undefined' 
             && typeof document.documentElement.clientWidth != 'undefined' 
             && document.documentElement.clientWidth != 0)
             {viewportheight = document.documentElement.clientHeight}
   else {viewportheight = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].clientHeight}
 document.getElementById('extern').style.height=viewportheight-26 + 'px';}
document.onresize = sizer();
</script>
<!--[if IE]><script>window.onresize=sizer();</script><![endif]-->
<title>affiliate</title>
</head>
<body onload='sizer();'>
<div style='height:23px;width:100%;text-align:center;'> 
<a href='<?php echo $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; ?>'>&nbsp;Return to referring page </a>
</div>
<iframe id='extern' frameborder='0' width='100%' height='1px' src='affiliate'>loading page</iframe>
<script>sizer();</script>
</body>
</html>

being able to do that would be (and was) a major security risk. If you can do it, so can a mallicious site...

The affilliate may use a framebreaker script, if they intend to be the topmost page, in which case it will break out of the iframe above
just one example

<script>
if (window != top) { if (top.location.href.indexOf("translate") < 0) {top.location.replace(self.location.href);} }
</script>

so contact the affilliate first to see if they have branding
or to see what the terms of use are

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.