Hi every one

I know that Flash is the worst thing i can do for SEO.

I told my client that but i still want to do the most i can to get him in the Search engens

Any ideas what i can do

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Put alternative content the <object> tag

Get lots of strong backlinks

That's about it.

Hi every one

I know that Flash is the worst thing i can do for SEO.

I told my client that but i still want to do the most i can to get him in the Search engens

Any ideas what i can do

Hi stymiee,

You are correct!

Also you try to put the flash in a frame, this will help in some places of SEs

Hi stymiee,

You are correct!

Also you try to put the flash in a frame, this will help in some places of SEs

It won't help much because you still can't overcome the lack of anchor text, semantic markup, and the fact that flash is seen as only one page.

You mean he wants the entire site to be flash only? The best thing to do here is to duplicate all of the Flash content within static HTML pages. Then, at the bottom of the homepage containing the Flash object, create a link to "Non-Flash Version". Let Googlebot loose on your non-flash version and you'll be set. You'll make your client happy because he'll like the spiffy animation that Flash provides, you'll make googlebot happy, and you'll make the content accessible to people without Flash installed in their web browsers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.