What is the most you're willing to bid on a keyword for a ppc campaign? I typically do 5 cents but I'll go as high as 10 cents for my top converting sections. In fact, here's a trick I use. Most people set their maximum bids to 5 cents, 10 cents, or 15 cents. So what I do to one-up the competition is set my max bid to 6 cents or 11 cents. This way, I am effectively bidding in the same pool as all of the 5 cent guys, but I am more likely to be ranked slightly higher for competitive keywords.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Thanks for your suggestion. Now i will try .

What is the most you're willing to bid on a keyword for a ppc campaign? I typically do 5 cents but I'll go as high as 10 cents for my top converting sections. In fact, here's a trick I use. Most people set their maximum bids to 5 cents, 10 cents, or 15 cents. So what I do to one-up the competition is set my max bid to 6 cents or 11 cents. This way, I am effectively bidding in the same pool as all of the 5 cent guys, but I am more likely to be ranked slightly higher for competitive keywords.

Thanks for your information. now i will try.

Good tip there. As my campaign progresses and when I can determine actual conversion rate, adjust the CPC accordingly. As better approach is to base the CPC on your profit margins.

It depends on the keyword. If I got more conversions, then I bid quite higher than in my other keywords.

I am running Forex and Mortgage related campaigns. My maximum bid for some keywords is $4.10. My customers really want to remain at the top and they are ready to pay anything for that.

Wow, old thread. Would be nice if we could still bu traffic for 5 cents. I remember those days : )

Wow, old thread. Would be nice if we could still bu traffic for 5 cents. I remember those days : )

Now we can only laugh on 5 cents bid. Competition is really strong now. For my forex campaign some keywords have 15 to 20 USD to show the ad at first place.

thanks for this useful tip. I didn't know about this until now.

I'm also bidding at about 5$+ for my top converting keywords.

We've got people in our industry (promotional products) bidding up to several $ per click. That just doesn't fit our budget or marketing model. Our avg PPC cost is about $.70, and can range anywhere from $.10 to $1.50 is about our max. But with some phrases, at a $1.50, you'll never get to our ad.

Which is why we're spending so much time on SEO :)

now you have to bid more than 30 c for any good keyword and if you want position higher than the competitor you have to increasing your bid 10 c not 1 c

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.