Hi, everybody.

A question I have had for a while regarding forums is if there is some way to configure an alert to be e-mailed to me for specified keywords.

I don’t know everything about everything. I might read a few threads covering topics of personal interest, or simply out of curiosity, without logging in. When I see a thread I feel qualified to answer, I log in and post. However, finding these threads involves going through many sub-forums and browsing the threads individually, which can be quite time-consuming. If there was some way to configure an alert for, say, the terms “Javascript forms”, it would save me the time of surfing the forums every day.

Does a feature like this already exist, which I don’t know about? It would sure be a real convenient option.

I think the first thing people will ask is what forum software you are using as someone might now if a mod exists or which file to edit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.