Hi every body,

My websit's PR currently is #3 and I now need it to be #4 and #5. So could any one tell me how many backlink I have to make for that?

Thanks all,
Quang

Recommended Answers

All 67 Replies

It is not about quantity.. it's about quality... and no one really knows how google rank your site..

commented: you are right +0

Some links from PR 4,5 or 6 sites would help.

I agree with silveraden, it's the quality and not the quantity of backlinks.

Try to get many external high PR web pages to link to your site. That would really help a lot.

yes absolutely correct.

Get lots of inner links from authority sites to inner pages throughout your site ... that spreads PR in a very natural looking way.

commented: partly right +0

It takes time to get PR-5 or 6. If you do it for a month of two, you can penalize for over-seo. You need to do it slower by slower but with quality backlinks.

Boosting the PR value cannot be determined by the exact number of backlinks established. Many more things are taken into the account like the exact placement of the links on the pages, the number of outgoing links and so on.

Try to get targeted back links from high PR websites with contents that relate to what your website is offering. And make sure you update your site's contents regularly.

PR is not measured by back links alone as everyone here has pointed out. Silveraden has posted a good resource to get quality backlinks. I'll try them out myself.

try to get a website with baclink from pr4, pr5, pr6

There is no such forumla to tell u howmany backlinks are need to get a PR X, it is all about the quality.

I don't think there is such forumla that tell u how many backlinks equal a PRX.

The point if to build high quality backlink from related niche!

It depends on the quality, relevance and PR of the sites you are getting links from. Actually saying, nobody know Google's PR algorithm so continue link building untill you achieve your desired PR.

Research the market, industry, competitors, etc and find high PR, relevant links that provide value to potential customers.

There is no formula but look into the number of outgoing links on the page and if they are 'do follow' links.

1 PR 6 related link can be worth more than 1000 PR1 unrelated links

The quality, the relevancy are how google juge your site, so I think as long as u can guarantee these, then the more the better!

Get lots of inner links from authority sites to inner pages throughout your site ... that spreads PR in a very natural looking way.

I have a follow on question - can you expand on exactly what inner links and inner pages are? Is this the same thing as deep linking when you are linking to "sub pages" and "sub-sub pages"?

For making it PR4 or 5 you may need 3k to 4k backlinks but it also depends on the sites names and keywords.

hey, you should exchange links with high pr webiste, then your pr will higher than before:)

one word: hundreds

Hi every body,

My websit's PR currently is #3 and I now need it to be #4 and #5. So could any one tell me how many backlink I have to make for that?

It not just the number of back links that counts but the quality of back links that you are getting. Google gives more value on the quality compared to those irrelevant sites that you are getting.

Try to get many external high PR web pages to link to your site. That would really help a lot.

yes,this helps a lot.but you you must also give a keen eye on quality...because without that nothing can help much

Try to get quality links i.e. your site is of PR3 then go for the sites having PR 4, 5,6..

quality back link is very helpful for getting pr 4 and 5

Get more numbers of good quality links from PR4+ sites & do not give links to sites having PR2 or less.

Hi every body,

Thanks all,
Quang

Hi,
You don't need quantity links but quality links even if 10-15 per months. Also the backlinks must be from related sites helps in increasing PR.
Thanks

what does it mean by quality links? Can u define properly for me? I am quite confused about the whole matter.

what does it mean by quality links? Can u define properly for me? I am quite confused about the whole matter.

Quality links means the link have a good PR and it must relevant to your website.
The biggest issue which people don't care is of spamming which make their website ranking down and thus avoid web traffic generation.

Regards
Jemmie
SNIP

Hi every body,

Its not just the number of back links but its the quality of back links that you are getting. Google gives more value on the quality so get back links on relevant and DoFollow sites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.