Hello everyone, I wanted to know how to market this type of website:
Has daily contest that pays people. No questions asked, just answer correctly and get money.
The website also has information about each location.

Im only averaging about 80 - 150 hits a day. I want more!! :twisted:

Any ideas?
Been posting on blogger type website, today (tonight) im googling "ny forums" and gonna join there. Im on popular social networking sites.

This can be achieved through google's link (site url here), yahoo's site explorer and other free tools.

SNIP

Hello everyone, I wanted to know how to market this type of website:
Has daily contest that pays people. No questions asked, just answer correctly and get money.
The website also has information about each location.

Im only averaging about 80 - 150 hits a day. I want more!! :twisted:

Any ideas?
Been posting on blogger type website, today (tonight) im googling "ny forums" and gonna join there. Im on popular social networking sites.

Hi nysilly,

Sounds like a marketable idea! The first thing you might try is testing your website's social propensity. In other words, determine whether or not the idea is compelling enough for people to spread it on their own. The best litmus test that I use is stumbleupon.com. If you submit your site and it has a high social propensity [it get's lots of thumbs up], then stumbleupon will send even more traffic your way. The more people that see your site initially the better.
It can absolutely never hurt to hit the forums, but in the initial stages of a marketing campaign it's good to get the short-term visibility on social media sites as it drastically increases the odds that other people are going to build links for you.
Once again, it all depends on the social propensity of your idea/website.

Hope this helps - we wish you the best!

Dave Romero
Tsuvo
SNIP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.