According to a recent study by the Financial Times, 77% of C-Level execs participate in webinars on various topics. Would this cause you to have your company or advise your clients to begin producing more webinars and to start a YouTube or Vimeo profile if they do not have one already>

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MktgRob

It be interesting on what type of webinars and who is presenting. I have arranged webinars for my clients about a particular product and for these type of webinars, I had C-level executives. Otherwise, if it s a training webinar, I except more junior and associate level professionals.

To answer your question-The C-level executives I have dealt with who have published videos felt more comfortable from a professional standpoint releasing videos on Viddler or Vimeo. Why? Viddler and Vimeo allows for more SEO control.

My original question about the webinars was not about getting the C-levels to participate as much as it was would the fact that C-level execs search webinars for info spur you to recommend your company or client to produce more webinars. As to the Vimeo and Viddler vs YouTube, I was not aware of the SEO aspects so thanks for that. I would say it would be good to establish a presence on both YouTube and one of the others simultaneously with the same content. You could get the SEO benefits of Viddler/Vimeo but as YouTube had a higher visibility than the other tube you would get more viewership.

Though YouTube has a wider reach, Viddler and Vimeo business model allows for more proprietary flexibility than YouTube.
http://www.centernetworks.com/video-smackdown-vimeo-viddler

Understood but if you were to do a poll of most C-level industry execs I think that YouTube would pull the same percentages against Vimeo and Viddler as Google does when compared to Yahoo and MSN/Bing in terms of search engine used. Given time that could change but right now you need to work the channels that offer the best opportunities.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.