Seth Godin helped popularize the crowdsorcing concept. For growing an online community, do you think crowdsorcing helps communities grow? I do think it does help but I do believe their should be designated ownership/s as well. What do you think?

Attachments 350px-Crowdsourcing_process2.jpg 28.77 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MktgRob

Seth Godin helped popularize the crowdsorcing concept. For growing an online community, do you think crowdsorcing helps communities grow? I do think it does help but I do believe their should be designated ownership/s as well. What do you think?

To be honest it is the first I heard of it (I tend to shy away from made up words, like frienemy!) but after seeing the graphic I totally get the concept. I think that crowdsourcing does work for building the communities, as in the case of Linkedin Groups. But when it comes to a specific solution to a company's problem I see some murkiness in how the graphic states that once the solution is discovered it becomes the property of the company. I think that the reward that is given to the solution creators would need to be somewhat substantial to prevent a claim of intellectual property over the claim of the company. Then again, it depends on what the problem was and what the solution was. Perhaps I went to deep in my analysis on this one.

Don't see why not, they're already doing it with design ... what's that site? 58 designs (or something like that) they get a bunch of designers to do logo's and you pick the one you like.

Can't see why that wouldn't apply to all sorts of other knowledge based information gathering.

My issue with crowdsorcing is that in the beginning, there is momentum and then it can fall through the cracks. I have seen this before and that is why I certainly believe someone has to take the ownership/project management role.

My issue with crowdsorcing is that in the beginning, there is momentum and then it can fall through the cracks. I have seen this before and that is why I certainly believe someone has to take the ownership/project management role.

I would hope that someone takes ownership of the process otherwise the process is screwed. The best practice here should be naming a project owner before taking it to the crowd.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.