One of my clients asked me when is it proper to try to convert an online community member to a client. My client has three people who are constantly posting questions of increasing complexity about whether or not their software solution can address certain problems. My client feels they are ripe to sell to but are afraid that if they jump the gun the could lose them as members of their online community (a facebook fan page with lots of fans) and as these three are very popular as far as communicating with other fans they are afraid to poison the well. Any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My question for you is whether there is an option to offer these three online community members a free/trial version of the software as a response to one of their inquiries which the software may solve.

My question for you is whether there is an option to offer these three online community members a free/trial version of the software as a response to one of their inquiries which the software may solve.

There was and they were given the trial version to evaluate. The problem is that the sales group views this as the point at which to start the sell process. I have advised them that they still need to nurture the prospective clients a little longer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.