I recently heard about an iPhone App that is very popular in Washington DC that helps people who want to cheat on their spouses by connecting them to other potentially unfaithful people. While this particular one is disturbing, is it fair to say that their are iPhone apps that could be considered aspects of social media as they allow iPhone users to participate in electronic communities?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, mobile applications allow users to connect socially without the need to go to a mobile browser and delay the connection. One example is TweetDeck for the iPhone. TweetDeck is built on Adobe Air and now it faciliates Tweeters to use this deck on their iPhone. I know a few Tweeters who were very excited about this, like if they just won a million dollars, tax free.

Yes, mobile applications allow users to connect socially without the need to go to a mobile browser and delay the connection. One example is TweetDeck for the iPhone. TweetDeck is built on Adobe Air and now it faciliates Tweeters to use this deck on their iPhone. I know a few Tweeters who were very excited about this, like if they just won a million dollars, tax free.

I also know some people who use tweetdeck on the Iphone and I know more who are so enamored of updating their facebook pages vie iPhone that they do so from home when there is a perfectly good PC nearby. I think that as the popularity grows so will the need for software apps that resize websites for specific handsets.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.