One of my clients is thinking of creating discounts. My question for the membership is which percentage usually work for your business to help increase ROI? What has been your experiences?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

We are offering discount to our VPS and dedicated server plan and that's working pretty nice to generate new business.

Discounts are ok as long as you structure them to draw people in and offer it for a limited time. Make sure that you can sustain the discounted rates, especially on subscription sites.

I know for many years many high scale companies never gave discounts until recently. I wonder if offering discounts cheapens the brand. I have been to many sites and I dont see that many discounts, perhaps only for bulk sales or for first time users.

I know for many years many high scale companies never gave discounts until recently. I wonder if offering discounts cheapens the brand. I have been to many sites and I dont see that many discounts, perhaps only for bulk sales or for first time users.

You should identify the products/service that need special promotion through discount, a perfect discount offer should be for the slow moving product or that have higher margins.

I dont think that special offers cheapen the brand. They are simply used as a way to increase brand awareness and bring in new customers. Strong brands such as AT&T, Direct TV, Wells Fargo are constantly offers deals of some kind. With that in mind, I cant think of the last time I saw rebates offered for a Ferrari.

discounts could help u to achieve a little in a short time but i do ont think it gonna be work in the long run

I dont think that special offers cheapen the brand. They are simply used as a way to increase brand awareness and bring in new customers. Strong brands such as AT&T, Direct TV, Wells Fargo are constantly offers deals of some kind. With that in mind, I cant think of the last time I saw rebates offered for a Ferrari.

for me , i do think discounts cheapens the brand, people would think that , it is okay , i can wait ,there is gonna be some counts in the near future

I agree with above comments. In my opinion discounts do give your customers, even the loyal ones, the impression that they have been paying too much in the past and now they should get as much as of a discount as possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.