I found this really interesting post through one of my Linkedin groups.

http://nmc.itdevworks.com/?p=802

The blog post is extremely well thought out and the main thrust is that from the SMM point of view it is not about the conversation but about the value proposition that is communicated during the conversation. Check it out and share your thoughts.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do agree with this article. Social media marketing is more of an engagement and ongoing. Many people think that a business should just create profiles and put it out there on social media. I totally disagree - these profiles only help to create an initial presence.

I do agree with this article. Social media marketing is more of an engagement and ongoing. Many people think that a business should just create profiles and put it out there on social media. I totally disagree - these profiles only help to create an initial presence.

Sadly, desite my best efforts so far, some of my clients fall into the group that thinks that once they create the profile they do not need to pay as much attention to the social media channels.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.