I have a website and i want to sell some useful resources from my website but i want to know effective Advertising sales strategies for this product.

Waiting for experts answers:

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

You need to start with google adwords unless the product you are selling is highly competitive. Then you would need to research other organic growth opportunities.

I have a website and i want to sell some useful resources from my website but i want to know effective Advertising sales strategies for this product.

Waiting for experts answers:

What strategies are you currently using?

what products are you selling?
you can advertise your products in marketing forums for free. you can also post classified ads for your products.

google adwords is best option and also you need full marketing strategic

Optimize your website for organic traffic targeting potential keywords .

Optimize your website for organic traffic targeting potential keywords .

I feel posting classified adds helps a lot and there is certainly the need to be more marketing strategic

well, the problem of effective advertising is etenal and i guess nobody knows the best answer. But yeah, optimization of your website sounds effective)

in advertising your product you can promote it on free advertising forum sites. You can include the picture of your product and don't forget to leave a signature link redirected to your site.

may consider to sell it on ebay

you will need some exact marketing promotion, like social media . you need to promote the product trough social media networks so your targeted clinets to see it!

Generally speaking, I'd say these are the most important online marketing channels:

SEO - optimize your website for your target terms. Use a long-tail query so you can rank #1, eg green fuzzy stuffed dinosaur instead of just dinosaur.

SEM - yeah, use Adwords like everyone else suggested.

Social Media (SMM) - be very active on linkedin, facebook, twitter, etc

Retargeting - recapture previous website visitors (lost sales) with banner ads.

Good luck!

Optimize proper keywords for your site. Google awords is really helpful for you, you can go for that. Use banner advertisement, B2B sites, trade portals where you can upload your products with promotional texts, images etc. Social Media Optimization is also necessary for you. Do proper video marketing. Use social networking sites, press release etc.

Accepting Credit Cards From Your Store

Accepting credit cards is a must for online commerce. I recommend you use Paypal as your merchant. It's pretty easy to setup.

With Paypal, you don't have to rent or purchase any equipment because they take the orders for you and then send your revenue directly to your bank account. They take a small percentage of every order you receive.

This is MUCH more convenient than having to apply for a business license, rent out the equipment and handle all the orders yourself. PayPal makes it quick and easy.

Way too vague a question to give any useful answer.

I believe that a good marketing strategy can help boost product sales in a website. Try to make your site more creative and colorful, something that can really attracts the attention of the visitors. Also, it helps a lot if you post some testimonials of frequent clients. Testimonies that say something good about the products they bought from your site. This will surely increases customers' confidence on your site as well as credibility on your part as the one who is selling.

Adword is good suggestion but it is not ling term investment. if you want that you should perform in long terms then SEO is good option.

you can try email marketing campaigns, creating youtube videos that best describes the product or service you are selling!!

Selling products online is the part of Internet Marketing. For this you need a strong strategy. You should hire a expert internet marketer and then start SEO and SMM for selling your products online.

it's depend on what you sell. If you sell like software, you can try the affiliate program from regnow, plimus and others.

Better you make a ecommerce site to sale your products. orelse make online chat support for your site to buyers directly interact with sales members.

Remember this simple formula: something somebody wants + finding where that somebody is + offering it to that somebody = sale.

Ebay is also a great way to sell the products of your website. Apart from that, you can also include links of your website in article directories.

or you can do affiliate marketing. you can register your self with any of the affiliate networks like clickbank and can select a product you want to promote from your site. whenever any sale is made by your website of that particular product you will be paid a fixed amount of commission. you can earn huge money like this as some products offers 70 - 80 percent commission on every single sale. they are basically the online product.

As you said to sell products on website, you should advertise them on the news website.
The second, you public information in every webs and other online systems/networks.
The third, post on forums, blogs and chatting with your friends.

The way you want to public it's the method of yourself. There's no common way for all of us to apply. Before doing this, do research google for the tools which will be used.

You need to first plan out your marketing strategy. The next step is to plan an optimization strategy for your website. When you optimize your website, you will get targeted traffic, which means automatic sales. However, ensure that you have a user friendly navigable store or else if your users are left searching for different products when they visit your website, you will be at a complete loss and all your marketing efforts shall be in vain.

well use some optimization work for your business related keywords to get some real traffic ...

I think this is the perfect way to do so. You need to start with google adwords unless the product you are selling is highly competitive. Then you would need to research other organic growth opportunities. It will be definitely helpful.

Think of your website as a store front. You want to get people to go to your store, but you don't know how to do it (effectively). Most likely you don't already have a brand, or a recognized website. So you could spam forums, send out e-mails, use SEO techniques, etc...

However, the best way to really get your product to take off is to get it reviewed by a reputable source. Referrals are the most powerful form of advertising. If you can get it reviewed positively then surely you will get the revenue you desire.

Back to my store example. If it's virally spread that your store rocks, then your website will rock. This is the viral generation!

If you have a website that sells your product, i suggest you put an exit popup/message feature with your product on it, from what i've heard from other people, it has boosted thier sales significantly and has a high conversion rate(meaning a high percent of people who see the message/popup actually buy thier product)
If you are selling your product through a wordpress cms, its even easier, try using wplapdance, it's basicaly a popup that you can customize with your product on it and appears ONLY when the user tries to exit or goes to another site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.