I just read an article on Google Wave - Mashable. http://mashable.com/2009/11/22/news-media-google-wave/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashable+%28Mashable%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
I dont have an invitation yet so I have not had a chance to check Google Wave out but I wonder if you do have the access of Google Wave, then what do you think about it? Do you think its worth the fuss?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Google Wave is a communication and collaboration tool that allows multiple people to work on a project in real-time. Think of it as Gmail, upgraded.

It does seem pretty cool. Really maximizes the potential of a web browser. You can add pretty much any file format to the wave and share. It also records everything in a timeline so if you are new to a wave or would like to catch up, you can just click "play" and watch everything unfold.

i just recently read about google wave in some forums and it says that it is like a social networking sites in which you do a lot, people can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

Google Wave is a communication and collaboration tool that allows multiple people to work on a project in real-time. Think of it as Gmail, upgraded.

Thanks. Next time tell us the not so obvious instead of the glaringly obvious!

But for someone like me who have not received the invite for Google Wave, the "Think of it as Gmail, upgraded." was actually helpful for me.

i just recently read about google wave in some forums and it says that it is like a social networking sites in which you do a lot, people can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

thanks...I was vague on this idea of google wave..it must be very useful indeed..I think now am very much interested in knowing more about it

It is very usefull!
I do have an invitation, but I don't have anybody to share my joy with :(
I don't have buddies =D

the fuzz about google wave is the
keyword real time collaboration.
google wants to optimize application usage
from minut latency to real time.

Through the kindness of a business acquaintance I have gotten an invite and signed on. Now I have to find out who I know besides the person who invited me who is on so I can test it out. I will let you know as I learn and experience more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.