hey friends ,
Recently I got few Pingbacks for few of my posts in my blog.
Are they spam?
I would also like to know if they do any good in increasing the traffic or do they negatively affect the page rank??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hey friends ,
Recently I got few Pingbacks for few of my posts in my blog.
Are they spam?
I would also like to know if they do any good in increasing the traffic or do they negatively affect the page rank??

They could be spam. Is the person/blog pinging you legit? As the author of a blog, you can delete those comments if you feel the ping back is not worthy. They would still be linking to your blog but at least you aren't linking back to them in your comments section. Otherwise, if they are legit pings, leave them. It shows that others are reading and linking to your blog.

They could be spam. Is the person/blog pinging you legit? As the author of a blog, you can delete those comments if you feel the ping back is not worthy. They would still be linking to your blog but at least you aren't linking back to them in your comments section. Otherwise, if they are legit pings, leave them. It shows that others are reading and linking to your blog.

I feel my question is still unanswered..
I want to know if these pingbacks are legit or how can i check if they are worthy??

Ping backs are essentially citations from other websites that show up in your comments section. They are not necessarily spam but they could be. As the author of your website, you get to determine.

Pingback is not spam when you use it ethical way. Don't try pingback too many times. Yes they can drive traffic if pointed to good site. Just use good titles & content.

Try to use Bad Behavior and Spam Karma 2 Plugin which will help you to filter out the spam Pingback and comments.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.