Hey everyone, I think this is the appropriate place for this posting.

I'm a graphic designer about to undertake a project and need some good answers and advice. I'm currently building an online store that will have approximately 200+ products. As this is a wholesale company, only those who are members will be able to buy. So a customer login is needed. Prices will not be seen until client logs in. Now heres the tricky part. The prices on products vary depending on the client. So I need the online store to tie in with our accounting system.

How would you approach this? What progamming would you do and why? and how long would something like this take to develop?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think it depends on what accounting system you are currently using, and whether or not you are going to be flexible with it. For example, suppose you are using QuickBooks and you want to continue to use that. Your options as to what will tie in with the QuickBooks API are going to be limited compared to, say, if you had the flexibility/resources to build an accounting system from the ground up to tie in with your online store.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to what your resources are like. If you have the ability to build something from the ground up, you can create a really awesome super-integrated system that does the eCommerce store side and also the backend accounting side. If that's not an option, then try to find an accounting system with a robust API that will work with whatever programming language you are using for the store.

search on hotscripts.com you will get the best shopping cart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.