I would like to ask the members here what they beleive is the best all-around shopping cart plugin for use on WordPress.
I have used Cart66, WooCommerce, JigoShop but would like to know which one you prefer and are they easy enough for a non-tech (Site Owner) to use?

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by PixelatedKarma

I agree Woocommerce is a good pluging, nice dashboard and reports and it is extendable. It is a solid 4 star plugin.

From my experience , Magento, Prestashop & OpenKart lot of server and needs to be run on a VPS or a dedicated server. If you’re going to have hundred/thousands of products, than PrestaShop is good option. Otherwise Magento is great option and you can easily export your shopping cart (database) if you ever outgrow it.

I'm going to have to agree with ResourcePool; we tend to migrate people to Magento. It has a decently steep learning curve but the amount of flexibility it has and the needs it fullfills for small business make it an almost go-to solution. Heck theres a reason 1 in 5 e-commerce sites are said to use it.

Presta is a good alternative but you need to be at the point where you require it. If you are starting out Prestashop is a bit of overkill.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.