Hi there,

I am looking for information regarding what I can say or claim in a YouTube ad about my health coaching service without violating Google's ad policies. My particular area of health coaching focusses on reversing Type 2 Diabetes (naturally - no drugs, no obscure treatments, just lifestyle modification).

I know that in FB ads, I can't claim to cure or reverse T2D. I also can't say things like "If you suffer from Type 2 Diabetes..." because it is personally identifying. Other health coaches seem to stay in Facebook's good books by making the ad all about the coach, and not explicitly claiming to cure or reverse a particular condition. For example, "Learn how Bob beat the odds and is now completely free of all symptoms of <condition X>".

My question is actually in relation to YouTube. Does YouTube take a similar approach to claims about reversing a condition? Would it be safe to assume that an ad that is acceptable to FB would be acceptable to YT?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.