Hi Friends,

Im a 20 years old professional digital marketer with a great passion and skills in SEO and digital marketing. I have more than 1 year experience as a SEO executive and digital marketer .My country Srilanka is under poverty now and I need to support my family for our living I will be thankful if you could kindly help me to find a freelance job.Thanks in advance.If there is any opportunity please help me !!

My Email - <Email snipped per community policy>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sorry you're having a difficult time. I would try applying as a freelancer on sites such as Upwork. I've had good experiences hiring from Upwork in the past.

commented: Thankyou +0

Just thought I’d reach out and see if you had a chance to look into Upwork? Why not also try Fiverr?

The problem you will most likely face, at least in the short term, is how little experience you have. You mention you’ve been doing SEO for less than a few years. It takes nearly a year, if not longer, to really see rank improve. Especially with core algorithm updates only going out twice a year or so.

Hello @JoyDMT, so sorry to hear about the worsening conditions in your country. I have faith that conditions will stabilize pretty soon in Sri-Lanka. Also, I congratulate your cricket team on winning the Asia Cup. This was an important event as professional sports also contribute to boosting a country's economy. Considering your concern about freelance opportunities, Dani mentioned that you could sign up on websites like Fiverr and UpWork. Still, I would recommend starting your website while looking for freelance opportunities. As your website grows, it will act like a sample that could be presented to potential clients.

Methods to increase your credibility as a freelancer:
Once you start working for clients, always request them to rate your work. A better rating will ensure better projects in the future and will also justify your demand for a higher paycheck. Running a website along with freelance projects might sound hectic, but trust me, all your hard work would be worth it.

Practically, it is quite difficult for a beginner to find authentic clients initially. So, you might also want to consider networking with professionals in your niche. Establishing communication within your network is also important, and you should never hesitate to request opportunities. The best method to establish a network is social media, especially LinkedIn.

Another way you grab clients is by analyzing big players' websites and looking for potential improvements. Once you find the element that requires improvement, write an Email to the company along with the possible solutions. Companies pay tremendous amounts to the professionals who could find improvements in their websites. Also, if you succeed in finding a major bug, they can even hire you as a full-time employee. But remember, this would demand a lot of effort and dedication from your side.

Best websites for freelancing:
Signing up on freelance websites is also a great option, but platforms like Upwork already have huge traffic so you would face a lot of competition on these. So, there are a few alternatives that can also be considered. These freelance websites will comparatively have less scope of competition and are great, to begin with:

• Flexjobs
  • SimplyHired
  • Guru
  • LinkedIn
  • Behance
  • 99designs
  • Dribbble
  • People Per Hour
  • ServiceScape
  • DesignHill
  • Toptal
  • Jooble
  • Freelancer.com

When you begin, don't get dependent too much on one platform; create your profile on multiple websites and analyze which one is grabbing you the most number of clients. Overall, you could go for a hit and trial. Then, after gridding for a while, you'll be able to figure out which website works best for you.

Many websites offer freelance jobs for your skills and industries. Some of the popular ones are Upwork, Indeed, and Freelancer. You can browse the available positions on these sites, create a profile, and showcase your portfolio to attract clients.

I hope this helps you find a freelance job that matches your skills and interests.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.