I've recently got the task to generate lead on LinkedIn but the problem is i don't know much about lead generation. so can anyone help me where i start from?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I suggest more than LinkedIn. You should have your presence on all the platforms such as web site, twitter, facebook and maybe instagram.

As you build that web site, be sure to read prior discussions about SEO. I will not write about SEO here as it's well done. As in, to ashes.

I will disagree with rproffitt. Among all the social networks, LinkedIn is the best in terms of generating leads, because you're fostering a professional relationship with people there one-on-one. Beef up you LinkedIn CV with your skill set, encourage your coworkers (both past and present) to review you. Post to your wall about the interesting things you, or your company, are working on. Once you've built credibility around yourself, you can pitch your business and be taken more seriously, like you know what you're talking about, and come off as trustworthy.

commented: I've seen folk try to go with LinkedIn alone only to ask why it's not working. +16

I agree with Deni but would just like to do some value addition. Outreach is also one of the best methods for lead generation, so you are required to expand your networking. But to grow your network, you need to connect to as many professionals as possible. Here you can get help from some Linkedin automation tools like OctopusCRM, which automate the sending process of connection requests and follow-ups. Hence, you are left with a lot of time to focus on other crucial factors to grow your business.

With the help of these tools, you can also automate the process of sending a personalized note attached to the connection request, which further increases the chances of your connection request's updating. However, if you do not will to spend money on these processes, you can perform everything manually too. The thing is, automating these processes would save a lot of your time.

LinkedIn is an amazing platform for generating leads. My team uses LinkedIn to generate marketing and sales intelligence all the time. The fact that the platform has data on businesses, businessmen, professionals, and even students makes it a great platform for finding prospects for both B2B and B2C firms.

What we do is that we search for our target audience on LinkedIn, making use of search filters is quite helpful because it allows for fine-tuning the search query to produce relevant results. Then we use a chrome extension named Aeroleads that produces the contact information for every search result and my team examines each of these prospects and selects the ones that are deemed to have a higher chance of a conversion. This way we ensure that our sales efforts are not wasted on irrelevant leads and it is a better strategy than other organic lead generation strategies since they require a lot of money and effort to create things like lead magnets and landing pages and also take to time to gain discoverability and popularity amongst the target audience. What makes it even harder is that all your competitors also use the same SEO and marketing strategies that you would use to advertise your product using the organic methods.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.