Probably one of the most important things to have when starting a new site is a high search engine ranking. With most sites, search engines can account for up to 95% of traffic. If you're not placed in the first three pages, it's unlikely you'll get any traffic from a search engine. Google is one of the fastest growing search engines, a high listing here will guarantee you traffic. Google's results are also used by Yahoo when it's finished displaying its own results. To get a high ranking in google you need to design your pages and promotional methods around it.

Google is the best search engine because it is user friendly. So make your website user if you want to rank it high.

To get highest rank in google ranking you need to try create the links on the websites which is already rankup in google. You can put the links on that websites by submission of article,social bookmarking, blogging, etc.

yes it is very important that you must design you web page in accordance with the seo guidelines.

Probably one of the most important things to have when starting a new site is a high search engine ranking. With most sites, search engines can account for up to 95% of traffic. If you're not placed in the first three pages, it's unlikely you'll get any traffic from a search engine. Google is one of the fastest growing search engines, a high listing here will guarantee you traffic. Google's results are also used by Yahoo when it's finished displaying its own results. To get a high ranking in google you need to design your pages and promotional methods around it.

I guess Google is the best, I had read testimonials regarding this SE, and all are in positive in nature.

nice post thanks for sharing.

Google takes many factors into consideration when it comes to the ranking of your site. Its best to consider Google's guide lines when it comes to on page and off page seo. If these guide lines are not met then you could find your site has been sand boxed. Please just use the Google search engine to find these guide lines.

Hello mate internet marketing or SEO is very famous trend to promote your website. You must SEO in ethical way by following rules of Google. SMO, SEO and SEM (Paid Marketing) are best ways for google search engine ranking by increasing traffic , back links and PR.

I think page rank is measured on scale of 1-10 and 1 is lowest and 10 is highest

It's been awhile so I just thought I'd clarify. PR has nothing to do with how well you rank in the engines. When a page has PR, it encourages google spiders to crawl the page more often and more thoroughly, and therefore dig deeper into your site and spider and index more pages of your site - with more pages constantly indexed and spidered deeper and more often, Google ranking goes up :)

totally agree with you, i normally see sites with pagerank 0 outrank sites with pageranks of 5 or even higher.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.