I have been trying to get into Google News for the longest time. All my top competitors for my Mustang site are in it, Stangnet.com, Mustang.com, Corral.net but every time I submit I get turned down. Here is the latest reason for turning me down:

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your note. We've reviewed <sitename>
and are unable to include it in Google News. We currently only include
articles from sources that could be considered organizations, generally
characterized by multiple writers and editors, availability of
organizational information, and accessible contact information. When we
reviewed your site we weren't able to find this evidence of an
organization.

We appreciate your willingness to provide your articles to us, and we'll
log your site for future consideration.

Regards,
The Google Team

Now looking at Mustang.com I don't understand what is so different about their site than mine.

Do I have to create a contact page that specifically states my name and me as the owner like Corral.net?

It's just really frustrating to get the cold shoulder every time when more than half the time I beat Mustang.com, Stangnet.com and Corral.net to the new news! I beat Stangnet by 12 hours for the latest article and corral.net doesn't even have it up :rolleyes:

Thanks for any input :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am with you on that one. For a year we were being told "We're having a problem indexing you" and when we finally were in and working, two days later they decided our content was apparently not up to par.

Plus they use the 'doesn't have an editor' and 'not multiple writers' or 'not a news organisation' excuses rather a lot as well.

The real reasons are a lot harder to fathom, and I suspect quite a lot of 'boardroom politics' goes on.

I am with you on that one. For a year we were being told "We're having a problem indexing you" and when we finally were in and working, two days later they decided our content was apparently not up to par.

This is why I do not like Google as a company. All their support messages are canned and their customer support is almost non existent.

I have found how to submit my site to Yahoo! News so hopefully I will have better luck there.

I found if your news get in prnewswire & prweb, its has good chance to get in google news, also make sure to optimize your press release title.

I found if your news get in prnewswire & prweb, its has good chance to get in google news, also make sure to optimize your press release title.

I don't want to pay 80 dollars everytime I want something in Google News though.

Thanks for that list

I've been accepted four times and rejected twice so far. Unfortunately, the rejected part is what came last.

I have decided to not attempt to get into Google News anymore at this time. I do not feel like changing my wordpress permalinks and 301 redirecting the olds ones. My goal is to increase Organic search engine traffic and that is starting to happen. I am not about to start changing urls now :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.