Who besides me thinks that Google Analytics' downfall will be that it takes way to long to process and display data?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I agree, do you know of any other great tracking sites other than google analytics.

I do like the analytics though because its no indept, once it loads its easy to navigate through and understand.

We use it to track our sites now, so hopefully they can make it better rather than it going downhill!

Also the data is not reliable what I observed, best to look the stats through your control panel- Awstats & Analog.

Hmm interesting I will have to look into another option for tracking my websites. Thanks for the tips!!

Also the data is not reliable what I observed, best to look the stats through your control panel- Awstats & Analog.

I agree,

cscgal,

I tried Google analytics a couple times and I got disappointed by seeing inaccurate results...
I compared the results with the stats of server logs..Google analytics shows way lower number...
It may be related to loading the Google script while loading the page........

Yes I agree with you on Analytics being slow .........

What would you say is a better yet comparable sustitute?

There are bunch of application out there can read your server log files to show your stats.. Almost all Unix servers comes with one or two of them.. If you do not like how they look, you can try some paid tools...

I find that Google Analytics data is MORE reliable than server logs because, since it's initiated with JavaScript, it only tracks real users and not any of the bots or spiders.

Why not try the Submit Express on which you can track the traffics and keywords for your site.

I agree, do you know of any other great tracking sites other than google analytics.

I do like the analytics though because its no indept, once it loads its easy to navigate through and understand.

We use it to track our sites now, so hopefully they can make it better rather than it going downhill!

Does anyone else have any experience with Submit Express? I am open to new ideas/services, but I would assume ask the experts here before I dedicate any amount of effort. Thanks!

I know the company from meeting them at SES conventions, but I've never worked with them at a business level.

Does anyone else have any experience with Submit Express? I am open to new ideas/services, but I would assume ask the experts here before I dedicate any amount of effort. Thanks!

What service of that company are you asking about .. if it is "search engine submission" service, I do not recommend it....Do it yourself....

Thanks

it just takes a day and in my opinion its okay , i used to use statcounter before, it displays stats 'as they happen' but you gotta pay to store details of more than 500 visitors!..don't think that's a good deal,i guess google is doing this so that it displays a full day's stats at once instead of it changing throughout the day, it's just 24 hours old only anyway...

I find that Google Analytics data is MORE reliable than server logs because, since it's initiated with JavaScript, it only tracks real users and not any of the bots or spiders.

"JavaScript, it only tracks real user" But it can not track real user who disabled "Java Script" on their browser..

Plus Google analytic is not real time..

Thanks

I agree. The reason it appears to show lower numbers is because it shows actual, real visitors. Other scripts like webalizer or WP Slimstat will show any requests to your web server. If you're getting crawled by search engines, that can be a lot of hits/visits that really don't exist.

There's a chance it under-reports because people have javascript turned off, or bounce away from the page before it loads... but for the most part I find it far more reliable than other scripts. I love it.

I'd rather know how many people are coming to my site than revel in the number of search engine spiders I can entertain... =)

- Walkere

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.