I was wondering if visitorboost.com is providing a service a newly constructed website like ours will be interested in, any ideas anyone?!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

actually after trying this visitor boost, it turns out to be a total scam. Apparently they are sending bots to the website randomly clicking any link appearing on the home page. "when i see active users online, i see guests only viewing threads can be clicked from the main page". Don't know still how are they getting all these different ip addresses, but for sure they are not helping any online starting business.

Registrations came from 2400 unique visitors, as they stated, are NULL. All my new registrations came from invitations emails and the tell a friend link. Another thing, compared to my forums activities in the previous months and till now daily improving activities i think they only got me around 1500, and reporting mistakenly 2400 uniques till now.

Anyway, that's what you get i think for cheap advertisements and believing scammers.

Just though you ppl would like to know.

VisitorBoost is not a scam. They sell unique visits from full-screen popunders on the Adversal network. There are no bots -- a quick look at the HTTP headers or tracing the IPs would disprove that. They're real visitors on normal ISPs visiting publisher sites in the chosen topic category.

Whatever blank registrations you got were probably from spam bots, not part of your advertising, trying to exploit the registration form on your site to send spam mail. Every form on the web is eventually hit as they just crawl sites looking for forms to submit to get spam out (header injection and such).

I manage VisitorBoost.com. We've been selling this advertising for more than 4 years now and have over 20,000 satisfied customers. It's unfortunate that a few don't understand how popunder advertising works and post things like this instead of asking for help.

Clearly I'm not a regular member around here, so I'm sorry for bumping this old thread. It shows up in search engines, though, so I'd prefer to have both sides to this story preserved.

You will never be building traffic to your site, you are just helping them build their site.The way to generate traffic is to have people link to your site. Goto other sites which have similar content and ask if they would be interesting in "swapping links" you link to them, they link to you. Search engines love links between sites. If you get a popular site to link to you you will see an increase in traffic from that site and also from the search engines.

I never go with buying traffic ever ,ever.....they will never show your add to the people ,most of the traffic providers are using bots fake traffic,and some of them has very low quality traffic.I try before and i don't think it's a good idea ,and that's just my opinion though

Visitboost works great. I use it to test my site. and I don't expect more than 2 free downloads per 1000 visitors. I know I almost always close those popunders. things like google pay per click are something like .50 to 2.50 per click.
Walter Igo
SNIP

Visitboost works great. I use it to test my site. and I don't expect more than 2 free downloads per 1000 visitors. I know I almost always close those popunders. things like google pay per click are something like .50 to 2.50 per click.

Hi, I used visitor boost and i did get traffic from a variety of different network location. Quality was not great but it does seem to work

Hi, I used visitor boost and i did get traffic from a variety of different network location. Quality was not great but it does seem to work

So, after over 5 years, the site still has a PR value of N/A. ;-) That alone speaks volumes. IOW, Google does not trust that the site has authority. Ranking sites are sites "discussing" the site in question. And do you really want your site branded on a popunder that most people hate? And what are the number of impressions needed to achieve 1000 clicks? 10,000? 50,000? IOW, how many people are you pissing off to get one click from a random popunder? Someone mentioned 2 Dl's for 1000 clicks, iow you have a very low conversion rate of 0.002%. That's horrible and stinks of non relevant traffic. Relevant traffic will get you 1.0 to 5.0%, not 0.002%. So you could achieve the same results (2 downloads) targeting traffic and with just 100 visitors instead of 1000 visitors obtained from spammy popunders.

I just signup for trial pack. Let's see how it goes?

ok, the site has a PR of 3, and not counting non-indexed links, the back links is at 110... yep, i would have thought it to be more but hey if they send targeted traffic for the price of a box of chocolates...worth a try especially as it is all geo-targeted.

We offer over 20 categories so that you can target your traffic and only receive visitors interested in the topic you choose, and if you only want to market to individuals in certain countries, you can target geographically as well

at least , they are not trying to scam with bots and revealing that they use pop-unders, unlike most....

Your website is shown in a full-screen popunder window on websites in our publisher network. When someone visits one of our network sites in the category you chose, we send that visitor to your site.

Yes, do keep the link building up, bookmarking, article submissions, link partnering, blogs...and get your page code optimised (text those ALT tags, watch load times as google now counts that as a ranking factor, META tags optimised with your niche keywords) though it is worth trying out VB. I shall, and report here when done.

If you are not doing any scam, then how you are providing huge amount of traffic. how much unique traffic you can provide in a months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.