Hi all,
I'm new here so forgive me if this has been asked before.
I have installed oscommerce for the first time and I'm trying to configure it but I getting the next errors at the top of the browser:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 710 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /directory path/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /directory path/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /directory path/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /directory path/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /directory path/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I have set all the permissions as the documentation instructs...

What am I doing wrong?

thanks for all your help :-|

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you are getting this because your host has enables safe mode in php. You can not change the session save path with safe mode on (i think). You need to leave that feature blank and move on. You can go to a new host or fwd the error to your host and see what they can do for you.

Hi,

Thanks!
I've emailed the host about the safe mode... will just have to wait and see what they say about it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.