Hey everybody

I am doing an Earth Day video for a school project in flash, and I figured out the snow effect and I have it inserted into my video at frame "411". Now my problem is, I cant get it to stop at frame "453"

I have tried the basic "stop" action, and the "gotoandstop" action, but none of it seems to work.

If anybody can give me some pointers, I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i suggest you to use scenes instead if frames,

i think you just duplicated a movie-clip using actionscript to make a snow-effect right ?

try insering a blank keyframe to all layers at frame 453 exepct for the video :)

and if you have done it using actionscript by loading a movieclip .. 1st you have to unload the movieclip :)

to help you further more, tell me the way you created your snow effect

OK, forgive me for being a little slow on the uptake here, but I'm a bit confused by the 'snow effect' you refer to. You don't really give much detail about the effect or how you've added it, other than you've added it to the timeline at a particular frame. But what exactly is it?

Is it a built in effect? or something you've scripted? or a flash movieclip/sprite that you're superimposing and playing on top of the video??

The reason I'm asking is, if we know how you've implemented the actual snow effect and how you're starting it, it might give us some clue on how to stop it. If you catch my drift?

Also, which versions of the Flash IDE and Actionscript are you using? This information will help others here to help you. If others here use the same version of the IDE as you they'll usually be more willing/able to give you some pointers.)

Incidentally I'm running a *nix OS, so I don't actually use the Flash IDE for flash dev anymore. I use Inkscape or the flash drawing API to create GFX and then use the Flex SDKs command line tools to compile my AS3 classes into .swfs. So I'm a bit rusty on certain aspects of using the Flash IDE. But if I know which version you're running I might be able to help point you in the right direction!
Cheers for now,
Jas.

Thank you g2gayan, you have helped me with this problem.

Thank you g2gayan, you have helped me with this problem.

Nice to Hear it :icon_wink: Good Luck with your project :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.