I'm wondering because right now, my website is very, very badly broken in 4, and I'm going to have to make a separate version of the web site to fix it. At this point in time, is it still necessary to support Netscape 4?

I'm wondering because right now, my website is very, very badly broken in 4, and I'm going to have to make a separate version of the web site to fix it. At this point in time, is it still necessary to support Netscape 4?

I think it depends on your audience at this point. I would say for the web at large it is probably no longer needed. If your particular site is for a group of users that are unable to update their borwsers or have a reason to use older browers then you may have to keep supporting it.

Also you should be able to get some website stats on what percentage of the users on your site stil use ns 4.

Ok, thanks a lot. :) I'll see if my site needs it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.