I created a form for my application and I am having trouble deciding where to place the submit button.

Here is a picture of the form with my current submit button:

Here is a picture of the form without the submit button:

What do you think? Where is the best place to put the submit button so that it is both usable, as well as not ugly. Also, if you have any tips or tricks, please post them as well. I don't mind. :)

Thanks for your help,
-Sunjay03

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

the place where u kept is good... :)

Submit buttons are always best displayed at the end of any form. This allows the people who fill it in know that they have completed the form and all they have to do now is send it off.

Something worth adding to any form is a reset button so if they would like to reset the form and start again without having to manually clearing each field.

<input type="reset" name="reset" id="reset" value="Clear" />

if you want the buttons next to each other simple place the codes like so.

<input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="submit" /><input type="reset" name="reset" id="reset" value="Clear" />

a place where it could be seen easily as well not look distructive

The best place would be at the bottom of your form. It's naturally where people look and where a majority of other forms put that button. It's best practice to follow web standards on anything like this of you want to get a good success rate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.