If I want to learn web designing and development, that includes many technologies HTML5, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, AJAX, XML, DOM, Flash/Flex/ActionScript and so on.
In which order should I go? The start will be basic HTML no doubt , but then which ones are the pre requisites for what. What will be better to learn before learning something ? I am looking for that order of preference. Do correct me if I missed something.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Every language that interacts with the user directly will involve knowledge of HTML. CSS is the artistic part that takes time to master. A little PHP knowledge will go a long way, but PHP is back end development, not necessarily website design. JavaScript, especially jQuery are easy to learn. Beause HTML/CSS aren't programming languages, start with JavaScript as your first language, it's extremely easy to grasp and does wonders for design. AJAX is neat too, having the ability to dynamically call remote content like auto updating tweets. XML is easy to learn, but only necessary for sitemaps in website design. I don't know DOM or Flash, but Flash is old school, learn HTML5 canvas + JavaScript.

Every language that interacts with the user directly will involve knowledge of HTML. CSS is the artistic part that takes time to master. A little PHP knowledge will go a long way, but PHP is back end development, not necessarily website design. JavaScript, especially jQuery are easy to learn. Beause HTML/CSS aren't programming languages, start with JavaScript as your first language, it's extremely easy to grasp and does wonders for design. AJAX is neat too, having the ability to dynamically call remote content like auto updating tweets. XML is easy to learn, but only necessary for sitemaps in website design. I don't know DOM or Flash, but Flash is old school, learn HTML5 canvas + JavaScript.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot :)
I 'll mark this thread as solved after some more time. If anyone else wants to give their suggestion too :)

My suggestion will be as follows:
1. HTML then CSS - this way you get to learn how HTML can change the appearance of a webpage, before using the better option CSS to do so.
2. Javascript, XML then AJAX - this way you understand the syntax and semantics of each of Javascript and XML before trying to use them in AJAX
3. PHP

commented: thnx 4 ur suggestion :) +4

Actually wilch is going perfect and HTML and CSS is the basic to start web design and development. PHP, JavaScript, AJAX, XML, DOM, Flash/Flex/ActionScript are after learn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.