Hello

For some odd reason, I have a picture with a link and it shows in all browsers except IE8/9/10.

What can I use to debug the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

The developer tools of IE (F12).

Looked before making this thread but it really showed nothing that caught my eye...

never mind.

OK, Ive gone ahead and created a ZIP with the page so you guys can take a look and maybe see something I dont....

Javascript has been mostly removed so thats why it may take a second or two to load the page.

First you see the difference:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4234/differenced.png

And let me see if I can upload the ZIP:

Never mind

Oops lol....

That never mind was that the post I posted is incorrected. I still need help sorry.

Not SOLVED

Can someone remove that post to avoid confusion???

I suspect you have a cross-browser JavaScript issue.

I made something appear in IE9 with the following insertion

<canvas id="can" width="550" height="550"></canvas>
<h1>PKD #1</h1>
<div id="botones"><h1>PKD #2</h1>

I suspect you have a cross-browser JavaScript issue.

I removed all the Javascript files and it still doesnt show up. Javascript has nothing to do with it.

Thats SOME progress I guess.....so now what?

<canvas id="can" width="550" height="550"></canvas>
<h1>/h1>
<div id="botones"><h1></h1>

This works too....

Thats SOME progress I guess.....so now what?

Welcome to web development :-)

Welcome to web development :-)

Been a year and something doing this.

So, how do I solve this?

You work at it.
Although icons didn't display in IE... the actual app you have doesn't do anything in Chrome or FireFox. Did you write the code? Do you have a proof-of-concept that draws on the canvas?

You work at it.
Although icons didn't display in IE... the actual app you have doesn't do anything in Chrome or FireFox. Did you write the code? Do you have a proof-of-concept that draws on the canvas?

Already worked on it a few days.

The app doesnt do anything because the Javascript is missing. I made the code work and of course there are proof-of-concept on it and in FF/CH it does work.

The app doesnt do anything because the Javascript is missing.

Then pritaeas's answer is the best for your original question.

Then pritaeas's answer is the best for your original question.

That shows me absolutly nothing relevent to the problem. It shows the code being there but it doesnt appear.

There is a reason I posted the code; So you can look at it and see if there is something I am missing :) Also to make sure that it is not only my PC....

The zip file you attached had lots of JavaScript files. But you say the app doesn't work

...because the Javascript is missing

If you simply want the icons to appear in your page then stick some non-breaking spaces instead of my debug H1 :-)

Not really sure at this point what is and what isn't working.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

just a thought, I'm not going through a few hundred K of file

I never said that the app did not work. I said that the pictures with links (basically buttons) do not show. Do not worry about the app working or not. That is not the issue.

I need confirmation that this happens on other PCs as well....

It takes at most 5 minutes to download it and open it up in one browser than another....come on....

Another quick fix.....

I've made them appear in IE9+10 by floating the canvas

<canvas id="can" width="550" height="550" style="float:left"></canvas>

and removing the float from an anchor tag in main.css

#panel div#botones a {margin-right:10px; margin-top: 5px}

You might just want to try floating the container divs rather than the icons themselves, and maybe look at display:inline-block rather than float.

Ill give this a try, thanks.

Looks horrible in IE.
Looks great in Chrome
Looks a bit worst in Firefox

Im going to try to fix it for IE then work on the rest....

Thanks for the tip

Fuck..........one of the buttons now doesnt work correctly....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.