hai everyone. I am new to this forum. Is there any online tutorial tool to learn html in a shorter while.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Learn HTML in a shorter while? HTML is probably the easiest "language" to learn. There's not really much to it. You don't need tools. The best way to learn something is, and will always be, getting your hands on it. Meaning, start working with HTML. Make your own HTML pages. When you're unsure about something look it up and try.

But you can check this site: http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Here is a brief run down. The only think you need to learn, and this comes from practice, is the syntax.

Hope this helps.

//Always have a doctype declaried. This tells the browser what you are displaying
<!doctype html>
//Html pages are wrapped in html tags "<html> = open tag </html> = closed tag
// When ever you open any html tag you MUST close it.
<html>
    //Header tag holds the meta information, page title information, and links to
    // resources that you are using like javascript or css style sheets
    <head>
        // charset meta tells the browser what encoding you are using.
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        // meta description is a brief description of the page. You setting this
        //in search results
        <meta name="description" content="">
        //Meta viewport tells the browser how to handle screen size
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
        //Page title
        <title>Untitled</title>
        // Link to external stylesheet for css styling.
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">
        //link author tells search engines the author of the page
        <link rel="author" href="humans.txt">
    </head>
    //Body tags hold all the content you want to be display. The head tag will be noy
    //displayed to the browser, only html wrapped in ithe body tag
    <body>

//Here is where the content will go. When you learn the syntax this is the place.
        //Sytax: <p></p> = paragraph <h1></h1> = heading 1 big bold font

//Script tags can go into the head tag or  just before the closing body tag
        // when you load script at the bottom of the page, also known as the footer/
        // page load time is increased.(in theroy)
        <script src="js/main.js"></script>
    </body>//close body tag
</html>//Close html tag
Member Avatar for diafol

hai everyone. I am new to this forum. Is there any online tutorial tool to learn html in a shorter while.

Googling 'html tutorial' is as easy for you as it is for us.
You'll probably want 'html5' though. I'll leave you to figure out the search terms to use ;)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

phpacademy FTW! They do HTML tuts as well.

Go to w3schools.com

Thanks for your information jack

Well, i think you can easily find many online video tutorial, that would be help you much better.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.