First off, English is not my native language and although I don't consider myself "bad" at English, it definitely isn't all that easy for me to describe this technical problem I'm having.

Anyway, here it goes...

I got me this mp3 player with usb and 1gb storage space a few months ago. It's brand is "Zolid". Never heard of that brand before, but it nevertheless seemed like a good buy to me and I was very satisfied with it...

Until I started my mp3 player a few days ago and found out I couln't hear any music on the right side of my earphone anymore. I first thought my earphone had been damaged, but when I tried out listening to music using a few other earphones I had the same problem: no music on the right.

I've also tried several other batteries, but with no success. Then, I wanted to upgrade the software/drivers for the mp3 player but I was unable to do that. According to the manual, there's no need to install the Sigma TelMSCN Player if you have WinXP. I nevertheless tried to install it, seeing you need the program to upgrade the drivers. But that didn't work either.

I have three year warranty on the mp3 player but if possible, I'd like to solve this problem myself.

What should I do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Gah, channel failure.

I had my iRiver SlimX 350 for the longest time (eh, well, had I not set it under my textbooks over days of time it might have lasted longer) before I began encountering a similar situation to your own player. I think the left channel, for me, failed often, eventually shorting completely. There was a time where I could fiddle the headphone adapter to create stereo, but this product is gone now.

The 1/8th inch audio adapter (TRS connector) of music players can be worn and damaged over use, or is poorly set from the start. Inside this adapter, conductive metal strips deliver channels to the headphones... so, these are ruined over time by the pushing and pulling against the headphone jack.

I know not of how to repair a damaged strip in question, so you're going to have to give back the MP3 player... I'll look up some more mechanics behind this device, see if there really is a way... but I'm doubting the chances of repair.

But if the device is under warranty, it's best to give it back and let the manufacturers fix it. Free of cost, ofcourse.

First off, English is not my native language and although I don't consider myself "bad" at English, it definitely isn't all that easy for me to describe this technical problem I'm having.

Anyway, here it goes...

I got me this mp3 player with usb and 1gb storage space a few months ago. It's brand is "Zolid". Never heard of that brand before, but it nevertheless seemed like a good buy to me and I was very satisfied with it...

Until I started my mp3 player a few days ago and found out I couln't hear any music on the right side of my earphone anymore. I first thought my earphone had been damaged, but when I tried out listening to music using a few other earphones I had the same problem: no music on the right.

I've also tried several other batteries, but with no success. Then, I wanted to upgrade the software/drivers for the mp3 player but I was unable to do that. According to the manual, there's no need to install the Sigma TelMSCN Player if you have WinXP. I nevertheless tried to install it, seeing you need the program to upgrade the drivers. But that didn't work either.

I have three year warranty on the mp3 player but if possible, I'd like to solve this problem myself.

What should I do?

it should be next to impossible to fix a broken connection in that small device, and it does not sound like a software problem- i beleive you will have to send it to the seller.

i have exactly the same player and wanted to flash another firmware which rendered the device unusable as an mp3 player - it works only as a storage device. i was wondering if you got a cd with drivers or with firmware with your device? i need them pretty badly. could you maybe pm me or reply here?

thx in advance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.