Hi Guys,

I have a 9301 Laptop which whilst using it (just on internet) the screen went multi coloured almost as if it had crashed or there was an issue with graphics card - not sure.

I then obviously had to power cycle it, but was the screen remained black with nothing at all, but i can hear both the HDD & CD starting up, so I can only asume that it is not totally knackered, but i was wondering if anyone knew what it may be?

I should also mention that I am slightly technical as I deal with Cisco stuff all day long. I have had it in bits, and for some reason I had a spare inverter and have tried swapping that out (as someone mentioned on the internet somewhere that it could be that) and it has not resolved it.

Thanks in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Any suggestions?

All I really want to know if there is anyway of ruling out Motherboard or screen?

Cheers

sorry for the late reply ,you are kind of in a section for help.
anyway did you try hooking it to a regular computer monitor ,laptop should have a vga plug on the side or back of it .

Edited by caperjack: n/a

sorry for the late reply ,you are kind of in a section for help.
anyway did you try hooking it to a regular computer monitor ,laptop should have a vga plug on the side or back of it .

Thanks for getting back.

It does have an external monitor socket (kinda like a 9 pin serial connector) anyway I took it to work and plugged my monitor at work into it, and nothing.

assuming you did all you could to make it switch to the monitor ,like using the FN + the appropriate F key ,like the toshiba we have here its FN+F5 key.
it sounds like its either the lcd ,or the onboard video device chip

Thanks mate.
Without taking it apart does anyone know if this model has a separate graphics chip or is it built in to the motherboard?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.