I replaced the LCD screen on my Dell Inspiron laptop and all worked fine at first.
Later the screen bezel melted in the lower left corner (hole right through) after taking the laptop apart I found that the LVDS cable had melted/burnt through.
I am just wondering what could have caused the LVDS cable to get hot enough to burn through the cable insulation and melt the plastic bezel. I am suspecting that the replacement LCD screen might have been faulty causing a large current drain which the cable couldn't handle.
Laptop works fine when connected to external monitor, battery holds a good charge and laptop runs fine on either mains or battery.
I would be grateful for other peoples thoughts.