Hello, a few days ago i purchased a lifecam vx-6000, i cannot for the life of me get it up and running, firstly the software wouldnt install, a problem a few peeps have had, i had to eventually download it, i got the cam working even though it had no sound with its apparently "super Dooper built in mic", it freezes everytime you take a photo, i have to reboot the puter to get it working again, and i wanted to use it with camstreams and i am getting nowhere, i have a router and i am not sure if this is the problem! i bought it as all the reviews say it is easy to install, all you have to do is install the software, connect to usb port, and bobs your uncle, in 5 mins you are set up, i wish, after countless amounts of installations, a lot of searching web help pages, paracetamol every 4 hrs for headaches and the burning desire to smash this expensive wee thing off the wall i am no further forward...... any suggestions would be fab, regards:sad: sandra

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Hi Sandra
Have you managed to sort out this problem, I have exactly the same thing and have tried EVERYTHING, but cannot get the sound to work! Thanks Lee

Hiya Lee, yeah i managed to sort out everything with the cam, i have to say now ive got it working properly i am more than happy with it, i had tried lots of times installing the software and even tried downloading the software of microsoft website, which i too had problems with the sound, i found a posting on a web page from a lady and she done the oppostie to the installation instructions, instead of installing the software first then plugging in the cam, she plugged in the cam then installed the software and i have to say it worked first time and the cam has been great ever since, hope this helps and works for you too.
kind regards sandra

I originally bought a Logitech QuickCam Orbit, but was very disappointed to hear that it wasn't supported by Windows XP x64 Edition, and there were no Vista drivers out either. So I returned it and got this camera since it's by Microsoft so there won't be any compatibility issues. It worked for me right out of the box but I do really miss the Logitech autofocus! I also think the quality of the Logitech camera was better, even though it boasts 640x480 stills and the MS one 1024x768.

Hey Sandra
Thanks for the info...MUCH APPRECIATED. Will give it a try.
Regards
Lee:lol:

Hi Sandra. Panadol is not strong enaugh for me. I cant start cam. at all and on the top my scanner is dead as well. There is no way to start. It saying to me code error 19. Did many times what the book say. No luck.
m.e.

Hi Sandra.
Help! I'm still at the Panadol stage! My VX6000 worked fine on my old PC. I just upgraded to a new high spec 64 bit and now when I plug in the webcam, it says its a USB20 camera and cant find any drivers. I've tried every combination of loading and unloading the LIfecam softare (I downloaded V1.3 from MS.com - which was supposed to fix it but didn;t )- what was your secret. it's driving me mad that my super 'new' machine is less able to cope than my old one :(

I have the vx-6000 cam working, but the picture is very grainy, not clear, I have changed all the settings and focus and still it is very grainy, Can I get some help please. i just bought this yesterday, if it isn't a good cam, let me know of a better one, thanks

Hi Minshall,

I see you posted this in March... so I hope you resolved it because I have exactly the same problem you had :(
Despite trying to install MSver 1.4 drivers in all ways the camera is only seen as a USB20Camera.
Weirdest thing is that it used to work fine on my Vista PC and I can only guess that some new bit of software upset some registry setting.
And so now I have your problem exactly and like you its driving me bonkers big time.
I have had to resort to an old Creative Cam which at least works.

Please help somebody :) :) :)

Hi Sandra.
Help! I'm still at the Panadol stage! My VX6000 worked fine on my old PC. I just upgraded to a new high spec 64 bit and now when I plug in the webcam, it says its a USB20 camera and cant find any drivers. I've tried every combination of loading and unloading the LIfecam softare (I downloaded V1.3 from MS.com - which was supposed to fix it but didn;t )- what was your secret. it's driving me mad that my super 'new' machine is less able to cope than my old one :(

Cool, I'm not the only one who has problems with the Microsoft VX-6000 webcam :).

My problem is mostly with the sound: when I run the sound wizard (test hardware...) the microphone slider shoots up right to the top and the resulting output is downright horrible. I can try to put the volume slider down but again it will head for the top straight away.

The picture is not overly clear, but I can live with that (even though I had expected a lot more from Microsoft in this regard).

I'm on Windows XP Home, Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum, and have up-to-date soundcard drivers as far as I know.

Now all I need is someone to magically fix this sound problem so I can finally use the thing as it was intended.

i'm so glad that i'm not the only one with this problem
i bought the vx6000 about 2 mths ago (end sept 2007) & up until the last couple of days its been running fine. i'm running it on vista premium by the way
all of a sudden the microphone seems to be having problems i don't know why, like i said its been fine up to now
when im trying to adjust the microphone the box thats meant go into the yellow bit when you speak is all the way up into the red all the time, & the microphone slider is all the way at the bottom, when i try & change that it just slides straight back down again.
if i try & make a video call the person on the other end is getting horrific feedback, & they're not able to hear me talk at all
i read on another forum that it could be that my router is too close to the cam so i've moved them as far apart as i can & that seem to be helping.
i did all this last night & nothing seemed to work so i turned off the pc & went to bed in disgust, but when i turned on the pc this morning everything seems ok again.
there is obviously a problem with this because so many people are experiencing the same problems, has anyone got any idea exactly what the problem is? & maybe how to fix it?
i'm a complete novice with computers :(

Hi Minshall,

I see you posted this in March... so I hope you resolved it because I have exactly the same problem you had :(
Despite trying to install MSver 1.4 drivers in all ways the camera is only seen as a USB20Camera.
Weirdest thing is that it used to work fine on my Vista PC and I can only guess that some new bit of software upset some registry setting.
And so now I have your problem exactly and like you its driving me bonkers big time.
I have had to resort to an old Creative Cam which at least works.

Please help somebody :) :) :)

Hi there.
the Xmas festivities have just prompted me into a renewed desire to fix the webcam issue and I just saw your note. No unfortunately, I never did get it fixed, still have no clue why it wont work and I refuse to keep wasting money on buying technology that doesn't work, so I've just stopped trying to webcam. Same really :) If you do find the magic answer though, I'd be thrilled to know. Happy Xmas. Steph

lol hang in there!
just curious im sure you did already...did ya check for updates? i know its dumb but ive forgotten only to get the same precious advice...sounds like a bad sound driver problem...if its semifunctional.

lol hang in there!
just curious im sure you did already...did ya check for updates? i know its dumb but ive forgotten only to get the same precious advice...sounds like a bad sound driver problem...if its semifunctional.

thanks for the responce, but yes I have all the latest webcam drivers and even XP patches...
I'm at my wits end. :)

S

did you try to uninstall the device driver and reinstall?

if you havnt done so id try that...sometimes a bad install is the problem...did you try to use it on any other computer?...to determmine if the camera works?

my camera does not have audio and keeps freezeing the comp. SAhould i take camera back as it is still under guarentee and currently trying to install after attaching camera instead of other way round. Any help appreciated. Yes i have reinstalled and updated previous to this.

I am having problems with my VX-6000. I bought 2 one for my son and one for us. PROBLEM: We can see & hear them BUT they cannot see or hear us. We can see ourselves with our camera but for some reason it does not get to my son's computer. Just a black screen.
Any suggestions? We are not very good with computers but I think we did everything right. We unplugged and re plugged . Deleted program and installed 2 - 3 times but no luck,

thanks,

Bakeman

I am having problems with my VX-6000. I bought 2 one for my son and one for us. PROBLEM: We can see & hear them BUT they cannot see or hear us. We can see ourselves with our camera but for some reason it does not get to my son's computer. Just a black screen.
Any suggestions? We are not very good with computers but I think we did everything right. We unplugged and re plugged . Deleted program and installed 2 - 3 times but no luck,

thanks,

Bakeman

what messanger program are you try to use it with ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.