My machine is over a year old, no real issues. Today I go to boot up and it sticks on the BIOS Statup screen indefinitely. No power to keyboard/mouse.

ASUS P5W Deluxe Mobo

Could it be the power supply? Any other likely culprits?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

do you have any other info, or maybe a picture of the screen where it gets stuck...it's kind of unusual for that to happen without an error code of some sort, especially on asus motherboards. Is there an audible noise the machine makes as an error code?

It shouldn't really go straight to BIOS. Could be that the battery went dead.

Dude, my laptop got the same problem...... Sometimes no display at all n sometimes when i plug off n replug the battery it stucks on the cmos startup screen!!! Each time it stucks on the cmos startup screen, got a beep sound ( CODE: 3 short - 1 long - 2 short )...... I'm sure that the LCD's OK!!! I got 2 DDR, so i tried to change the slot, just place 1, and....... but there's no changes except the beep code changes ( 3 short - 3 long )....... Any clue guys? I suspect DMA failure or motherbord prob......

Laptop details
----------------
Ftec (Manufacture : Malaysia)
Model : IQCOOL 8051

Please help me guys..........

My machine is over a year old, no real issues. Today I go to boot up and it sticks on the BIOS Statup screen indefinitely. No power to keyboard/mouse.

Any sound from the bios, what is the name of the bios manufacturer, is this a laptop or desktop

ASUS P5W Deluxe Mobo

Could it be the power supply? Any other likely culprits?

Dude, my laptop got the same problem...... Sometimes no display at all n sometimes when i plug off n replug the battery it stucks on the cmos startup screen!!! Each time it stucks on the cmos startup screen, got a beep sound ( CODE: 3 short - 1 long - 2 short )...... I'm sure that the LCD's OK!!! I got 2 DDR, so i tried to change the slot, just place 1, and....... but there's no changes except the beep code changes ( 3 short - 3 long )....... Any clue guys? I suspect DMA failure or motherbord prob......

Laptop details
----------------
Ftec (Manufacture : Malaysia)
Model : IQCOOL 8051

Please help me guys..........

what is the name of your bios manufacturer,

what is the name of your bios manufacturer,

I think the bios manufacturer is Phoenix but i'm not sure coz i didn't check it last time when it was working well...... My manual book lost d..... The startup logo shows H2 insyde (intel centrino)......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.