I recently removed, cleaned, and reinstalled the heatsink on a Toshiba 2435-S255 laptop. I was very careful, made sure I was properly gounded, never removed the uP, all this good stuff. After putting it together it powers up but never boots. It doesn't even go into BIOS. Not sure what went wrong. Any thoughts?

Further, if the BIOS battery is dead, how can I find it? I removed all covers and such, but cannot find it. Any comments where to look?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you say you cleaned it, what did you use to clean it?

I removed the heatshink and blew air through it to clean it. Then reinstall the heatsink. I've done this before (about a year ago) successfully, but this time the machine will not boot.

a computer will still boot with a dead bios battery ,it will just revert to the default bios settings each time you reboot comp!
most likely cause of your problem is a small ribbon or some other wire not hooked back up or broken off even .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.