Hi, can anyone help me: The problem P.C. is at another address at my sisters. windows XP, the pc is in aloop i get a blue screen: stop ox 0000000a (ox0000001c, ox0000002, ox00000001, ox8053c565) dumping physical memory to disk then counts to 100 and shuts down. i could not fix it so i put a tempory hard drive in.
I now have the hard drive at my house, can i fix the problem by connecting the HD to my p.c as a slave hard drive. i think the problem started when i installed a update graphics driver, i cannot give you any details of the hardware

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There are a few things you can do that may help to start this system again

The first and easiest option is to boot into last known good configuration, if you havent tried this already, as its starting it should give you a boot menu with some options like

safe mode
safe mode with command prompt
last known good configuration

the last known good is the one you want, this resets most of the important system elements to the way they were the last time you succesfully logged onto the system

the next way you may be able to save your system is to try use the install cd, if you have one, and boot from it, after it loads it should give you the option to repair system, it should take you to a screen and ask which installation you want to fix, there should only be one, and it usually is number 1, so press 1 and enter to continue

when the prompt comes up on the screen it should ask for an admin password, its usually blank so you can press enter, if you changed it or know someone who did, enter or have them enter the password, then you should be at the command prompt line

from here you should be able to type chkdsk which should check your hard drive for errors and fix them, after this is done type

sfc /scannow

this is the build in system file checker and will sometimes run in the repair mode

if neither of these work, then you can try booting into safe mode, if it works you should logon as administrator if possible and when it asks if you want to do a system restore press yes, click on the most recent date that is highlighted by the computer and click restore, this should reset the entire computer to the way it was on that date and may start up.

p.s. if you dont know the administrator password then you cannot do a repair but you can log onto any administrator account in safe mode to restore the pc

good luck, i hope to hear good news

Ryan
TimmCo

There are a few things you can do that may help to start this system again

The first and easiest option is to boot into last known good configuration, if you havent tried this already, as its starting it should give you a boot menu with some options like

safe mode
safe mode with command prompt
last known good configuration

the last known good is the one you want, this resets most of the important system elements to the way they were the last time you succesfully logged onto the system

the next way you may be able to save your system is to try use the install cd, if you have one, and boot from it, after it loads it should give you the option to repair system, it should take you to a screen and ask which installation you want to fix, there should only be one, and it usually is number 1, so press 1 and enter to continue

when the prompt comes up on the screen it should ask for an admin password, its usually blank so you can press enter, if you changed it or know someone who did, enter or have them enter the password, then you should be at the command prompt line

from here you should be able to type chkdsk which should check your hard drive for errors and fix them, after this is done type

sfc /scannow

this is the build in system file checker and will sometimes run in the repair mode

if neither of these work, then you can try booting into safe mode, if it works you should logon as administrator if possible and when it asks if you want to do a system restore press yes, click on the most recent date that is highlighted by the computer and click restore, this should reset the entire computer to the way it was on that date and may start up.

p.s. if you dont know the administrator password then you cannot do a repair but you can log onto any administrator account in safe mode to restore the pc

good luck, i hope to hear good news

Ryan
TimmCo

thanks for you surggestions, i knew all of them, the problem is as soon as it boots up the blue screen comes up. i tried putting the XP disk in repairing the registry from dos but i searched for the command and not knowing about dos - not successful.
the disk has two partitions, i tried installing XP on the other partition. not worked, after setup files loaded i got the blue screen again. so i had an idea i have a partition manager floppy. i used it made the other partition active. XP is now installing, i then should be able to go into my computer, open d: transfer her doc's and photo's to my documents then format d: I still want to find out how to access the registry from dos and to import from c.d. to hd in dos
regards john

Does this help with editing the registry in DOS:
http://www.geocities.com/politalk/win95/regdos.htm

I tried it in Vista with regedit /? and it brought up the windows pane for regedit. But if you find a way of exporting the registry as a text file (see the link) ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.