If you help me solve my problem, I'll make sure you go to heaven : )

I've scoured the net looking for a solution. I know nothing about computers, and desperate for an answer.

My Maxtor DV3000 Ext. Hard Drive is flashing a green light and the icon won't who up on my desktop. I've surmised that this may be an external enclosure issue, from posts I've read here.

Advice? Should I buy another external enclosure to fix the issue? I don't know what to do when I get the new enclosure - hate to install or fix it myself. I usually get ripped off when I ask for help on these things - and I dont' want to spend $1000 trying to retrieve my info.

Any advice? Have I given you enough info to go on? I have no idea what type of enclosure I should buy to replace a Maxtor DV3000.

Love,

Mommybou:$

hello ,it could be a cable /wire connection inside the enclosure. TIP#1 .don't act computer stupid when you go looking for help and you won't get ripped off .

ps ,no heaven for me thanks

Thanks Caperjack. Will look into connection issue. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. It's really nice to know there are people who will help still out there in the world. Best to you. Mommybou