has any one used these parts and what do you think of them?

Mach Speed Venom MSA2-6100V Motherboard CPU Bundle - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Processor 2.80GHz OEM

XFX GeForce 8600 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card

thx

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

i don't know about that mobo, but the processor is a good one. what do you plan on doing with the system? if gaming is involved (on any level) i would echo jbennet's recomendation of an 8800 series vga card.

thanks all i'll check out the 8800.
i play hl2 and tf2 the most. should i stay with an ati VC? will nvidia VC work more smoothly since the mobo has nvidia chipsets?

the chipset will only come into play when overclocking or when running multiple video cards. i foolishly bought an 8600 about six months ago, two weeks ago i bought an 8800gts (g92) and the difference is unbelievable. even an 8800gt will perform 4x better than any 8600.

sold. thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know.

yeah, its generally the clock/memory speeds that matter the most.

Its the same with SLI. 2 cards does not = double performance. In fact, you are better getting 1 very good card than 2 medium/good cards

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.