Current Dell moniter works fine, but E Machine flat monitor screen is blank. It has power, at least the on/off button lights. Does the E machine require a specific video card? Any help?

I'm assuming the you have the hardware properly connected.
Installed drivers, or the lack of such is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, a multiple monitor setup requires special settings in your OS, and, while most hardware and OSs are PNP, your particular setup may not apply.
All monitors require a VGA adapter, it's either going to be intergrated into the system board itself or a seperate VC. You could use a Y adapter for the monitor which you can use to satisfy yourself that the hardware actually works, but it isn't very good for long term as the output signal will suffer and you'll only have two images of the same thing.

I'm assuming the you have the hardware properly connected.
Installed drivers, or the lack of such is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, a multiple monitor setup requires special settings in your OS, and, while most hardware and OSs are PNP, your particular setup may not apply.
All monitors require a VGA adapter, it's either going to be intergrated into the system board itself or a seperate VC. You could use a Y adapter for the monitor which you can use to satisfy yourself that the hardware actually works, but it isn't very good for long term as the output signal will suffer and you'll only have two images of the same thing.

I am not trying to use multiple monitors, I wanted to replace because of size. I have never seen where anything had to be changed because of replacing a monitor. Not sure if the E monitor actuallys works, so maybe should find a E machine to check it out first?

If both the power and the monitor adapter cable are both connected and the power is on you should at least be able to get to the OS in it's ver. of safe mode or most certainly the BIOS bootup screen. There isn't any reason that a special adapter would be needed. If the monitor is a recent purchase then you might want to put your hand on your receipt, there's a good chance that it'll be needed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.