Greetings,

I need to know if it matters what prongs the power cables go on
when I am hooking up my Case to my Motherboard.

I have looked for some kind of identification number on my
motherboard, all I do know is it is an AGP motherboard.

The cables used for the power button/reset button are not connected as
I have recently disassembled my entire computer to do single-component testing
inorder to deduce my previous issue, which I did figure out.

However i did not take notes in regards as to what order my cables were hooked
up in. A mistake on my part, however that is why forums like these exist...

Some help will be very much so appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Moved. FYI, "Assembly" in the Software Development->Assembly forum refers to assembly language for software programming, not hardware assembly.

Without knowing what type of board it is, obviously you can't dowload a manual.

The board itself should have written next to the pins in tiny itsy bitsy little writing things like' Pwr SW' and 'Reset'. It will probably also say +ve and -ve, then it's simply a case of red wire is +ve, black is -ve, although Colin (below) uses the 'white is -ve, all else is +ve method.

Some bloke called Colin had this to say:

Last to be connected are the wires to the front panel and speaker. At the end of each connector is some sort of label, for example POWER SW for the power switch. Getting these wires wrong is not likely to cause damage to the components, but they will not work. For the speaker, simply connect the black wire to the speaker pin on the motherboard. For the other connectors, the normal rule is each pair of wires has one white wire and one wire of some other color. The white wire should connect to whichever pin is listed as - on the motherboard, and the non-white wire should go to the +

PS, in case you were wondering, to find that paragraph, follow the link and Control+F and look for the word 'switch'

Let us know how you get on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.