My computer stopped working all of a suddenly and there was no power coming on to the computer. I change the power supply and started booting up with just mother board, cpu and video card. I got the startup window, then I thought of hooking up the key board and reboot the machine. there was no signal to the monitor. all what I see is monitor self test, "check your cables or your PC". Could someone plz help me with this issue.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try a different keyboard, or keyboard type, i.e. USB/PS2.

I tried with a different key board and still does not work. also I took memory out and booted the system, Still it's not giving me any beeps on the POST.

differentiate between the power supplies that you use.it can be lack of power that is if you didn't try a usb keyboard already.while trying to rule out some possibilities,have you tried flashing your bios.Try an older graphics card.let me know how it went.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.