JuggaloRM 0 Newbie Poster

Why does my DVD burner Keep getting error's when verifying data with ISO's (image FIles)?
I have a gateway 506gr computer that I reformatted and updated all the chip sets and so on.. it came with a Lite-On Dual layer dvd burner, When I would try to burn movies with it they would always get disk read errors, sometimes I could get halfway through a movie then it would mess up. So I went ahead a bought a new Lite-On Dual Layer burner, and I successfully was able to burn a movie, But when i burn a ISO it gets a error when verifying the data. So I hooked it up to a older computer and when i put a blank dvd in the drive its read CD-ROM instead of DVD-RAM blah blah.. and it doesn't prompt when what i want to do with it.. and if i double click the CD that is actually a dvd it says in-correct function.. However If I go ahead and open Nero7 and use the burning rom.. (also have tried other DVD write programs) and go ahead and burn the image.. it burns and verifying is successful.. b

I am using Sony DVD +R

LITE-ON model#DH-20A4P-04(I have updated the firmware)

(update) Its also not reading disk properly on the gateway, I poped in a data dvd I burned a while ago with some movies on it and when I tryed to open the one I wanted to watch it would just freeze everything up, so I put in a burned CD and it read "audio CD" but when I tryed to open it gave me a error message and the msg said somthing about going to control panel/file manager to do somthing.

If anyone has any adivse on what settings I need to change on the pc or anything to help me to be able to burn ISO's without any verification errors please let me know.

additional notes: I am not 100% certian if the ISO's will not work or not, they are Nintendo Wii Backup disk, I am waiting on my new modchip to get here. but keep in mind on the other computer using the same version of nero I had no problem with disk verification after burning

I am burning at 4x
I just want my DVD burner to work properly. I should be able to burn a image successfully with my machine.

If it work's with one machine and not the other the problem is somthing with the computer. I bought a new dvd burner in hopes of it working with my gateway.

The DVD burner should be able to read audio, avi files and any other media I have codecs for, I have went to propertys already on the DVD ROM and made sure it was enabled, and I have made sure the box was checked for reading digital audio

Please Help