I've read a good number of threads on here and never found one that mimic'd whats happening to me.

I have a HP Pavilion dv8000 , One day when I powered it up the screen had vertical lines in it, when I apply pressure it clears up. I just dealt with adjusting it a little bit for a while, but now it jut won't give me a picture.

I've read one cause could be the vga cable, so I took the faceplate off the lcd and sure thing, without touching anything else , the screen looks fine. So I'm guessing its pinching something in there.

I don't have a picture right now bc I'm at work, but theres one wrapped thick cable, theeres the led power wire for wifi , then behind the light theres a strip of PCB where at the far right end is a connector with a pink and blue wire extruding.

I don't really want to go around messing with them until I get a little advice, but once I find out the problem wire/spot it should be simple to move the wires or to trim the faceplate.

Thanks for any help.

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by coolraj003

RIght, so far i never had to open my PC up like that yet so I cant suggest you what to expect when you open it up but one thing i can say for sure is google the problem you having and you definitely find some step by step manuals to open it up and rectify the issue.

Raj

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.