hi everyone!

I have a problem with my pc, when i plug the power chords to the outlet, the power supply of my computer will work at first then i will shut off automatically...
What's a matter with my power supply, please help me with it

God bless!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

More information would be helpful to answer your question. Is the computer a laptop or a desktop? It really doesn't sound like a bad power supply but the easiest way to tell is try another known good power supply. You should also follow the My PC Won't Start sticky at the top of this forum.

hi everyone!

I have a problem with my pc, when i plug the power chords to the outlet, the power supply of my computer will work at first then it will shut off automatically...
What's a matter with my power supply, please help me with it

God bless!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, it is a desktop computer...
I upgrade it from Pentium III to Sempron 2600
256 mb memory
Redfox motherboard

Thanks

Did the problem start when you upgraded the motherboard? Some newer P4 /AMD Athlon motherboards have an additional 4-pin power connector on the board. If this isn not connected you will not be able to get the computer to work. Even those that don't have the additional connector may require more total wattage than a Pentium 3 system power supply can deliver. I would recommend a power supply that provides at least 400 watts output for a newer system.

No, it did'nt start the trouble after i upgrade it, just a month ago after that. ok i will check the output of my power supply, hope to here from you more advice soon... thank you very much... God bless you evenmore.

It could be a pinched cable or something else internal causing a short when power is applied. Another possibility is a defective voltage regulator chip on the motherboard or a chip that has a bad solder connection. Those problems are a harder to find and fix without some good tools and electronic troubleshooting experience. There are a couple of shops that advertise they do board level repairs on laptops but you have to ship it to them for an estimate and then decide if the laptop is worth the cost of the repairs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.