I have a 4-year-old PC that all of a sudden froze during some routine tasks. It hasn't really done that before. I did a re-boot and got nothing.
- PC turns on with all fans and LEDs (including RAM LED)
- No image at any point on monitor (have tried multiple monitors and graphics cards)
- No POST beeps
- Did get brief green on CD/DVD drive LEDs when turning on
WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR
- Disconnected all cards, peripherals to MoBo
- Pulled RAM and reseated (with RAM out an alarm does sound)
- Tried different monitor and graphics card
- GigaByte GA8KNXP MoBo
- Intel Prescott P4 2.8 800 Socket 478
- 2 Corsair 512 DDR400 PC3200
There's no reason to believe CPU is toast. It's never been overclocked and has super good heat sink and fan. No other abuse to MoBo.
Appreciate any ideas. I would like to keep this one alive.