I got a big Order of a friend of mine and went for the best prices I could get... I got it and have to build the system as well... The specs are amazing!!

Now is my question he wants 3 Nvidia 8800GTX in Tripple SLi, do you guys have some advice on things I have to pay attention to get the best way in optimizing the Tripple SLI mode??

I have never done Tripple SLi, to be honest never normal SLI either, so any advice on both would be welcome (My 2nd Asus EN9600GT comes in end of this month, so gonna get my machine in SLi to)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I use dual sli with two 7600gts (high spec ones) and the results are very impressive I would strongly recmmoned it i have never done tripple sli but however have seen a quad sli up and running.

With 8800gtx cards you will have a very impressive rig but remeber the 9x series is being released soon although they still use the 8x seriers gpu they are a lot better and might be worth the wait.

One word of warings is to remeber that coolin will be a real issue and most 8800 cards take up two slots and so might not fit all motherboards/cases I would suggest an antec 900 or 1200 case they are the best around in my opinion for keeping the whole system cool.

I use dual sli with two 7600gts (high spec ones) and the results are very impressive I would strongly recmmoned it i have never done tripple sli but however have seen a quad sli up and running.

With 8800gtx cards you will have a very impressive rig but remeber the 9x series is being released soon although they still use the 8x seriers gpu they are a lot better and might be worth the wait.

One word of warings is to remeber that coolin will be a real issue and most 8800 cards take up two slots and so might not fit all motherboards/cases I would suggest an antec 900 or 1200 case they are the best around in my opinion for keeping the whole system cool.

yes well these guys have special wishes...
they have the Full tower of Gigabyte, the 3d mercury liquid Cooled... the new Asus Striker2 Forumula mainboard, Intel QX9770 CPU, 4gb of OCZ liquid cooled memory... and 2 Western Digital Raptor 150GB HDD... and some other stuff that is not important... so I guess the cooling will be good, but are there guidelines I should follow or is it plug in, SLI-Bridge on and start it up???

Hell gonna make a benchmark of this setup;)

dont do the first start or install with the sli bridge installed but do it on after the nvidia drivers have been installed otherwise xp or vista will not reconise whats happening. Nvidia have some really good guides on their website plus google for any guides there arent that many on tripple sli but there are some!

Sound like pretty impressive machines apart from i wld never recommend water cooled systems water and electrics dont mix!! lol. Also i would recommend if they do what water cooled to have two pumps as if one breaks (which they often do) then the system will die within minutes without them even knowing but with redudant pumps the water will carry on pumping.

commented: I like his thinking... he thinks along +1

Thx...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.